The European Commission has published a forecast for a €3 million contract for the Eastern Partnership Youth Regional Unit. The publication reference of the forecast is EuropeAid/132439/C/SER/Multi.
According to the forecast, the main purposes of the contract will be:
- to support capacity development of government and civil society actors in the youth sector in Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine), and encourage the involvement of a broad range of stakeholders, including young people, in youth policy formulation, implementation and evaluation;
- to facilitate the mainstreaming of youth issues across relevant policy spheres, and thus foster a cross-sectoral approach to responding to the needs of youth;
- to facilitate the development of a more comprehensive evidence base for youth policy and youth affairs, and associated capacity-building in the effective use of these resources;
- to target the needs of disadvantaged young people through a combination of activities, including a focus on the development of youth work;
- to ensure the visibility of the Eastern Partnership youth programme.
The maximum budget for the contract is €3 million. (ENPI Info Centre)
EU Twinning Project – Support to the State Revenue Committee for Strengthening of Customs Control Procedures and Enforcement in the Republic of Armenia According to the Best Practices in the EU MS
TITLE: Assistant for Resident Twining Adviser
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: EU Twining project AM10/ENP-PCA/FI/07
DURATION: 24 months
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The RTA assistant will provide administrative and daily technical support to the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) as well as to the short term foreign experts in their activities for implementation of the Twinning project. The RTA assistant will work under the supervision of and report to the RTA.
– Ensure the daily good communication between the Twinning partners in Armenia, the EU Delegation to the Republic of Armenia and the Project Administration Office in Armenia;
– Ensure the daily good communication between the project management in the State Revenue Committee of the Republic of Armenia and the twining partners;
– Assist in keeping the project records for accounting purposes;
– Produce meeting minutes;
– Assist in all logistical matters related to EU expert’s missions to Armenia;
– Assist in all logistical matters related to the planning of workshops and other Project activities;
– Provide an interpretation when required by the RTA and/ or visiting experts;
– Prepare all kinds of draft Project reports;
– Prepare Mission Certificates for EU Experts;
– Assist RTA in his/ her tasks.
– University Degree in the field of Economic, Administration or Technical Sciences;
– At least 2 years of experience in technical assistance projects as an assistant with the organizational and managerial matters;
– Ability to deal with tact and diplomacy with the EU and Armenian counterparts and ability to work in autonomy as well as collectively;
– At least 5 years of general professional experience;
– Ability to multi-task and focus on priorities;
– Ability to handle office papers, maintain Project records, produce minutes of the meetings;
– Proven fluency in oral and written English and Russian;
– Fluency in Armenian language;
– Excellent organisational and communication skills;
– Good working knowledge of current Microsoft Office packages with specific attention to Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Internet literacy.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications should include a motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae in English in EC format (Europass) and be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 February 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
OPENING DATE: 08 February 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 February 2012
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Twinning Manual confirms that the assistant selected is not a civil servant or agent from the beneficiary (past 6 months) nor is on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position of project assistant. He/ she may not have or recently (past 6 months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration. The RTA-assistant will be employed as an independent consultant under a Service Contract. This implies that the RTA-assistant will be self-employed and undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Armenia, including for those related to medical and social insurance.